There are lots of places where you can find advice and information about staying place online.
On Frog (our school VLE)
If you are a parent, student or member of staff at the school please log into our school VLE (Frog) and take a look at our esafety section. Here you will find:
- All policies
- Presentations from parents in partnership meetings
- Slides from staff training sessions
- Slides from student assemblies
- Past video assemblies
- Results of in school surveys around esafety
- Hand picked videos with esafety advice around a wide range of esafety areas
- Advice from our student ICT cabinet
On the Internet
Here are some web sites that we recommend:
- www.parentinfo.org – Autumn 2015 saw the release of this excellent new website. It was developed out of a partnership between CEOP and The Parent Zone and contains lots of good eSafety advice.
- Teach kids online security basics – If you’re a parent, you can help your kids use the Internet safely by teaching some basic rules. Here are some basic lessons that parents can help their kids learn.
- www.saferinternet.org.uk – Here you will find e-safety tips, advice and resources to help children and young people stay safe on the internet.
- www.childnet.com– An organisation working directly with children, parents and teachers to ensure that the issues of online child protection and the safe and positive use of the internet are addressed.
- www.thinkuknow.co.uk – The Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre has set up its own website which has been designed and written specifically for children, young people, teachers, parents and carers.
- www.kidsmart.org.uk – Kidsmart is an award winning internet safety website for parents and those working with children. It has been developed by the children’s internet charity Childnet International and has excellent information on many of the technologies used by children, with guidance on how to ‘stay safe’ online.
- www.bullying.co.uk – One in five young people have experienced bullying by text message or via email. This web site gives advice for children and parents on cyberbullying.
- www.chatdanger.com – This website is about the potential dangers with interactive services online like chat, IM, online games, email and on mobiles. It provides information, advice, true stories and games. The resource page also contains a number of links to other useful websites.
- http://parents.vodafone.com – Being very accessible, this provides information and guidance to parents to help under the digital world. There is also an online test to see how much you know.
- www.internetmatters.org – Lots of guidance and articles for parents about keeping their children safe online.
- www.digizen.org – A website designed to strengthen awareness and understanding of what digital citizenship is. It encourages users of technology to be and become responsible DIGItal citiZENS.
Parent Info by CEOP
Parent Info is a collaboration between CEOP and The Parent Zone. It provides high quality information to parents and carers about their children’s wellbeing and resilience. Below are articles currently available through the Parent Info website.