At CLV, our careers programme has been designed with one key message in mind; how can we support you as you ASPIRE for exciting and successful futures.
Aim high – Do you have ambitious career goals? Don’t underestimate what you can achieve!
Seek advice – Know where to go if you have questions or need guidance.
Pick the right subjects – Develop the relevant knowledge for your future career.
Interact with employers – Meet potential future employers! What are they looking for?
Research your options – You can’t be what you can’t see! Discover the careers paths that are out there waiting for you!
Explore careers in your subjects – Find out where your qualifications could take you!
Our Programme for all students:
- Every year you will meet or hear from at least one employer visiting school.
- Every year you will access careers information during tutorial sessions, wellbeing days or the Fit4Life programme to help you research your options.
- In years 7 and 8, as part of their PSHE/wellbeing programme, students will be introduced to trends in their local labour market as well as help with identifying their skills.
- In years 10 and 11 you will receive an individual careers interview with our specialist careers advisor.
- In years 9 and 11 you will have an interview with a senior member of CLV staff about your next subject choices.
- In years 9 and 11 you will attend a futures fair designed to help you choose your next pathway. You will meet a range of businesses, colleges, apprenticeship providers and universities.
- In Sixth Form you will complete an employability programme and attend a futures fair, meeting a range of businesses, apprenticeship providers and universities.
- In Sixth Form you will have the opportunity to visit a workplace and complete an authentic work challenge.
- In Sixth Form you will explore a range of career and further study options as part of your Sixth Form Study programme and will have the opportunity to visit universities.
Support With Post-16 Pathways
In addition to continuing your studies at CLV, there are a range of other opportunities you can explore such as college courses, apprenticeships and alternative Sixth Forms. We have collated information for you on a range of options, and you can access this here.
Mr Baxter – Careers Leader
Based in the Business department, Mr Baxter oversees all of the careers activity in school. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding careers, please email email@example.com
Miss Williams – Independent Careers Advisor
Based in the Careers Office in Applied Learning, Miss Williams is our specialist careers advisor and will interview you all during your time in Years 10 or 11. Should you wish to see her before this for an interview at any point during your time at CLV, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.