At CLV, our careers programme has been designed with one key message in mind; how can we support you as you ASPIRE for exciting and successful futures.
Aim high – Do you have ambitious career goals? Don’t underestimate what you can achieve!
Seek advice – Know where to go if you have questions or need guidance.
Pick the right subjects – Develop the relevant knowledge for your future career.
Interact with employers – Meet potential future employers! What are they looking for?
Research your options – You can’t be what you can’t see! Discover the careers paths that are out there waiting for you!
Explore careers in your subjects – Find out where your qualifications could take you!
Our Programme for all students:
- Every year you will meet or hear from at least one employer visiting school.
- Every year you will access careers information during tutorial sessions, wellbeing days or the Fit4Life programme to help you research your options.
- In years 10-11 you will receive an individual careers interview with our specialist careers advisor.
- In years 9 and 11 you will have an interview with a senior member of CLV staff about your next subject choices.
- In years 9 and 11 you will attend a futures fair designed to help you choose your next pathway. You will meet a range of businesses, colleges, apprenticeship providers and universities.
- In Sixth Form you will complete an employability programme and attend a futures fair, meeting a range of businesses, apprenticeship providers and universities.
- In Sixth Form you will have the opportunity to visit a workplace and complete an authentic work challenge.
- In Sixth Form you will explore a range of career and further study options as part of your Sixth Form Study programme and will have the opportunity to visit universities.
Support With Post-16 Pathways
We have created a website with specific guidance for our Year 11 students to make sure you have all of the information in one place to help you make decisions on your next steps. Here, you will be able to explore all of the routes, including Sixth Form, college and apprenticeships, see current vacancies in the local area, complete a careers quiz to narrow down your areas of interest, and see where the subjects you love could take you. You can access the website here.
Mrs Thomson – Careers Leader
Based in the Sixth Form, Mrs Thomson oversees all of the careers activity in school. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding careers, please email email@example.com
Mrs Tate – Independent Careers Advisor
Based in the Careers Office in Inspire, Mrs Tate is our specialist careers advisor and will interview you all during your time in Years 10 or 11. Should you wish to see her before this for an interview at any point during your time at CLV, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.